안녕하세요, 캐나다 온타리오주 한인 간호학생회 KNSAO 입니다.
Young Generation Forum 2014 가 오는 7월 8일(화) 11일(금)까지 한국에서 개최됩니다! 전세계에서 총 120명의 대학생들이 모여서 네트워킹 할 수 있는 자리이고 캐나다에서는 10명을 뽑는다고 합니다. 자세한 사항은 밑을 참고 해주시고, 궁금하신 점은 http://www.ygf.or.kr/와 http://www.akcse.org 를 참고 해주시고, 저에게 이메일을 주셔도 좋습니다 (김세희, email@example.com).
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MARCH 20TH, 2014
Each year, the YG Forum program, hosted by The Korea Federation of Science and Technology Societies (KOFST, 한국과학기술단체총연합회), brings young Korean heritage students/researchers from all over the world. 120 young generation participants (including 45 from Korea) will have a valuable opportunity to meet together, share their experience/knowledge, and create a world-wide network. In this year, the AKCSE will send approx. 10 delegates from Canada to YG Forum. All travel/local expenses (including airfare, accommodation, and meals) will be covered by KOFST.
This year, we are also sending applicants in the under-privileged (사회적약자) category (ex. Adopted, single parent household, etc.). This category will be evaluated differently from regular applicants.
The applicant must meet ALL requirements below
- 1.5 or 2nd generation Korean-Canadian [born in Canada or have attended
schools in Canada at least for 6 years (including high school)]
- Canadian citizen or Permanent resident
- Born after 1980
- Student Status at the Time of YG Forum participation (Junior/Senior in College, Graduate student, or Postdoctoral fellow)
- Major in Science and Engineering (including medical, medicine, and nursing)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Korean
- Must NOT have attended previous YG Forums
2. How to Apply
a) Application documents
- Application form (please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the application form, or it can be download from http://www.akcse.org)
- Scanned copy of Canadian Passport or Permanent Resident Card as proof
- Most recent transcript (Important Note: The applicant should convert GPA in his/her transcript to % and this GPA in % should be given in the application form). Minimum GPA to apply is 3.0/4.0 or 75%.
- The applicant should arrange one recommendation letter (AKCSE Chapter president, Graduate supervisor, Course instructor, or Professor).
b) Submit the application documents (highly recommend to consolidate all materials into one zip or PDF file) to YG Committee Chair (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
AKCSEYG Committee will not accept any incomplete or delayed applications.
c) Finalist Nomination from AKCSE to KOFST on March 24, 2014.
d) Final Notification from KOFST: TBA