CARE Centre has just launched a nationally-scoped Pre-Arrival Supports and Services (PASS) Program, targeted towards pre-arrival nurses in their countries of residence planning migration to Canada. PASS provides supports and services that are designed to shorten time spent from arrival to professional registration and employment. The flyer with further details is attached. There is no cost to enroll in PASS, but IENs must have proof of graduation from a nursing school and a letter of immigration confirmation from the Government of Canada.
Through PASS clients will have access to:
· my individual case management for information and referrals for language, employment and settlement services upon arrival in any province in Canada
· online courses providing nursing occupation-specific English language and communication training
· live information and orientation webinars providing an overview of the nursing registration process and the Canadian health care system
· live employment-related webinars equipping to help with successful entry into the health care field
· mentorship connection with Canadian nurses
Please feel free to distribute this information widely, specifically to any nurses you may know who are planning on relocating anywhere in Canada.
Thank you and best regards,
Meghan Wankel, BA, MA
Program Coordinator, Pre-Arrival Supports and Services
CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses
620 Wilson Avenue, Suite 200
Phone: 416-226-2800 Ext. 234